Friday, October 06, 2006

Runoffs

What was I thinking? I completely forgot to tell you the big news. Two of my racing buddies, Lynn Serra and Bruce Lindstrand, are going to the SCCA National Championship Races, AKA the Runoffs!

I'm jealous. The Runoffs was my goal this year, but I couldn't keep the car together. Bruce and Lynn both drove their hearts out all season and earned their invitations. Lynn will be driving the oldest car in the field, but don't count her out. Bruce's car isn't the latest either, but he was fast enough to lap me in the rain at Blackhawk with a broken steering column.

My car is Bruce's old car, and Lynn was a student at one of the first driver's schools that I taught, so I feel almost like my dad and daughter are out there. I'm so proud.

Oops. Bruce will probably kill me for calling him my dad. It's not like he's a really old guy or anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And there's something drastically wrong with the "daughter" thought, too. XOXO