Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Driving the Autobahn

Well, it's official. I will be racing on Sunday, July 31 at the new Autobahn Country Club (North track) in Joliet, Illinois. It's an SCCA Regional event, so it doesn't count towards the Midwestern Council championship...

But Speedy Petey mentioned to me on Sunday that he was planning to run it, since he is planning to be in the area for an open house at Arres Racing the day before. I'll be at the same open house on Saturday, and even though the track is actually a bit farther from Arres Racing than from my home, it still makes sense for me to run the event. Pete ran the MC race there the weekend that I was at Grattan, so he already knows the track better than I do. I don't want to be too far behind and unprepared when MC returns in October.

Since I'm going for the track time and learning experience, I will be running my full MC weight (1175 pounds) instead of lightening the car to the SCCA weight (1100 pounds). I need the experience, not an SCCA win!

No comments: